9 out of 10 customers will pay more to ensure a good experience and other things you should know
Providing a good experience and good service is a priority for businesses, but how well are they actually doing? Eptica conducted a study breaking it down.
What constitutes good customer service?
Competency and responsiveness
- 75% of customers believe it takes too long to reach a live person.
- 77% of consumers won’t wait more than 6 hours for an email response.
- 85% of consumers expect an answer within 6 hours from Facebook.
- 88% of consumers expect an answer within 6 hours from Twitter.
In reality, the average response times are much worse.
Answering your customers’ questions
50% of customer service agents fail to answer customer questions.
Eptica ranked the categories that answer customer questions successfully. At best, only 68% of questions are answered successfully.
Consistency across channels
Inconsistency frustrates consumers because it wastes their time. Plus, it costs retailers more money.
- 84% of companies offer customer service via email, Twitter, Facebook and chat.
- Only 51% of companies provided answers across the four digital channels, and only 12% of companies offered a consistent experience across the four channels.
The effects of bad service...
- Bad customer service costs the US $84 billion per year, and the world $338.5 billion.
- 78% of customers ended a business relationship due to bad service.
- 61% of customers went to a competitor due to bad service.
The rewards of good service…
- 9 out of 10 customers will pay more to ensure a good experience.
- 70% of customers will do business with you if you resolve a complaint.